Monday, April 27, 2009

Blog 14 (Toy Story)

I recently watched a movie I used to love that I haven't seen in a long time: Toy Story! I got the urge to watch it because while we were on our week break from classes, I started playing video games. My collection of PlayStation video games was quite dated (as was the system itself) so I played a Toy Story game. After seeing all the familiar characters like Slinky, Mr. Potatohead, Rex, and Hamm, I kinda wanted to see the movie. While digging through all my old movies, I found another one that I wanted to watch: Jumanji. Watching these two older movies made me want to write a blog about them.

Toy Story's producers at Disney teamed up with Pixar and revolutionized animated films, pioneering the way for movies like A Bug's Life, Antz, and of course the sequel to Toy Story. It was the first animated film made entirely on a computer and made to look three-dimensional. The only hand drawings were for the storyboard. It said that at the end of the film. To see a list of all movies made this way, click on this link; you'll see some familiar ones. Just think, all those great movies, like Finding Nemo, were because of the revolutionary work of the producers of Toy Story.

For all you Toy Story fans, I have great news. Toy Story 3 is expected to be released in June 2010. I'm pretty excited for it myself. This film will be about all the toys being at a day-care center after Andy goes off to college. Remember Andy? He's in college already! :)

Watching older movies is sometimes fun. It's also kind of weird to go back and see how much of the movie you can remember. What are some of your favorite movies from the past? Do you still watch them today?

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Toy Story! I used to watch it all the time. I was not a fan of Sid though. I always thought it would be so cool if toys really did come to life like in the movie. It would be kind of creepy in a way too, I guess. The imagination of Disney and Pixar are amazing. Dreams really can come true if you open your mind and just think like them. Also, I have the game on my playstation that is in my closet at the moment..I just might have to dig that out and play it on a rainy day, since we seem to be getting a few of them now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toy Story 3? Hooray! I know my whole family will see this film. That sounds pretty pathetic considering the youngest one is 19 years old.

    I remember when the first movie came out it was huge because of the animation. Now Disney teams up with Pixar on almost all their movies... these are just what new animations look like.

    Having two young nephews I get to enjoy re-watchiing some of my favorites from when I was a child. They are still as entertaining as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was pretty excited when I read your blog about there being a toy story 3. On the other hand it kind of reminded me that I am getting older and all. I loved toy story as a kid, I had the video games growing up.

    I am not ashamed to say that I would probably pay a visit to the movies when this movie comes out. Disney teaming up with Pixar makes me anticipate it a lot more.

    ReplyDelete